Skip to content

#390 | Korkoneas receives life sentence plus 15 months; Saraliotis receives 10 years and asks for suspension to his sentence

UPDATE, 21:34 GMT: Saraliotis’ request for a suspension of his sentence was declined by the court today and so, both him and Korkoneas have been taken to prison.

As it has just been announced: Korkoneas, the murderer of Alexandros Grigoropoulos, has received a life sentence for the murder, plus 15 months for illegal weapon possession. His co-defendant and accomplice to the murder, Saraliotis, has received 10 years. Saraliotis has asked for his sentence to be suspended until the court of appeals; his demand is being considered now (14.30 GMT+2) by the court – this caused a reaction by Alexandros’ grandmother and the atmosphere in the courtroom is now tense.

18 Comments

  1. Werewolf wrote:

    Free all political prisoners!

    Monday, October 11, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Permalink
  2. Extreme left wrote:

    Werewolf wrote:
    Free all political prisoners!

    I guess you are another stupid gobshite
    Fuck you stupid cunt

    Monday, October 11, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Permalink
  3. rebelmouse wrote:

    Ruling class left their dogs to stay in prison:) Possibly politicians cared about PR image about them if they liberate dogs… Protests and public attention did its job, although dogs should be dead…

    Monday, October 11, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Permalink
  4. Werewolf wrote:

    This was a political kangaroo court where outcome of the trial was determined in advance. There was no way these two policemen were going to get fair trial inside Greece, not while there is serious civil unrest and pressure from radical left wing groups in the country. Goverment was afraid that if they were freed there would be massive riots, even revolution. So they had to be sentenced, it didnt matter if they were guilty or not. Typical political show trial, shame on Greece. This court should have been moved to Netherlands or some other neutral country where fair trial could have been possible.

    Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Permalink
  5. Extreme left wrote:

    Werewolf
    Nobody cares about what you say. Fuck off and die cunt

    Monday, October 11, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Permalink
  6. Werewolf wrote:

    Extreme Left
    You care my love. Otherwise you would just ignore me :) I love you so much my fellow human being :) )

    Monday, October 11, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Permalink
  7. Babeouf wrote:

    Did the policeman receive a fair trial? I don’t even know what a fair trial would look like. Conviction in the current political/economic climate was more likely than not. And if(and when) the Greek economy recovers a pardon (or similar) for the ex policemen will be more likely than not. Justice,fairness etc are in the eye of the beholder. The beholder occupies a place in the social hierarchy. And so as Angelo Dundee observed ‘Its all a question of angles’ . Or in the Petite Bourgeois WEREWOLF’s case Angels.

    Monday, October 11, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Permalink
  8. INCUBUS wrote:

    But is this ‘justice’ in a proletarian sense? A Bourgeois court of justice found two of it’s servants guilty, for now…BABEOUF is right, they will probablybe released early on appeal depending on which way the political and economic wind blows…

    WEREWOLF- Open your mouth, I’m dying for a shit.

    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 12:39 am | Permalink
  9. Werewolf wrote:

    There should be two major human rights for everyone who are accused of serious crimes like this:

    1) Fair trial. A trial where politics and/or pressure from the public do not dictate the outcome

    2) Quick and painless execution

    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 10:05 am | Permalink
  10. december was wrote:

    As the pigs tried to cover the case, as pigs and media lied (huge parts of public still believe it happened on a demo), as Korkoneas Lawyer accussed Alexandros being a hool and all this shit had to be answered and fight against it was fair.
    There wouldn’t have been an insurrection again! Stop dreaming…
    No matter if “bourgois justice” this justice was wanted by Alexis Family.
    word

    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Permalink
  11. reason wrote:

    anyone knows if police-amnumition can richocet deadly or was it forbidden army-amnumition?

    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Permalink
  12. INCUBUS wrote:

    What are you talking about? All ammunition is capable of richocheting. BUT Alexandros Grigoropoulos was shot directly in the heart, in cold blood. So fuck off with your apparent attempt to sow doubt on the verdict.

    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Permalink
  13. Joh wrote:

    I think this man is better in prison.
    Because outside, I do not give him a week before being beaten, shot, or something violent.
    Now he has until the end of his life to think about what might have been that of Alexis …

    Never forget! Never forgive!
    There are many other Korkoneas.

    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 2:21 am | Permalink
  14. Anonymous wrote:

    Swine sacrificed upon the altar to appease the masses. This does not solve anything, it does not bring Alexandros back. All this does is place the blame on these two, instead of placing it where it belongs; it is the entire system that killed him, its servants just manifested it physically. Just becuase they are thrown in jail doesn’t make it all better, there will be more to take their place.

    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 6:49 am | Permalink
  15. INCUBUS wrote:

    Correct.

    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Permalink
  16. I am afraid that the two cops will get pardoned by the state in a few years because of their services for maintaining order, they will get a state pension and the possibility to open a private security company

    viva la revolucion!

    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Permalink
  17. dead porker wrote:

    It’s well known that special guards use (forbidden) army ammunition and therefore Korkoneas was sentenced with 15 months encore and exactly here gets the big picture painted: Life sentence to cover what “illegal weapons possession”.
    But without the people’s fight for truth, without that video and the testimony of it’s maker against the lawyer’s campaign and without the fight of Gina Tsakilian it would be different. At least the court said it was murder because it was an aimed, straight shot from 5 feet high, so no matter if the bullet richocheted or not. stop myths!

    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Permalink
  18. redsdisease wrote:

    It’s impressive to see the power that the riots had, because, as Werewolf said, this wouldn’t have happened without them. The state doesn’t like to imprison it’s own and won’t unless forced. However, lets be clear that this is not justice. Sending one pig to prison will not solve the pig problem, it just reinforces the “need” for the police, courts and prison system.

    Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 2:30 am | Permalink

2 Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. [...] years is the maximum sentence.  Fourteen years.  The pig who murdered Grigoropoulis just got handed a prison term longer than a life sentence.  But that’s Greece.  Let’s show these pigs [...]

  2. [...] been recorded but the courts seem to be reluctant in punishing violent police officers, except the Korkoneas’s case, the murderer of Alexandros Grigoropoulos, who received life sentence, due to a massive pressure by [...]

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *
*
*