The struggle of the people of Keratea, ongoing for 110 days now, has reached its most crucial point so far. As of this morning, police have been trying to break through the people’s barricades in order to allow construction machinery to reach the site of the planned landfill.
- In the town of Keratea, the City Hall has activated the war sirens, calling all residents to rush to the barricades.
- On the national road, an excavating machine that arrived in an attempt to clear up the barricades, was set ablaze by locals.
- According to unconfirmed reports, a police helicopter flying over the town has been releasing tear gas to the residents below
- There are clashes across the national road, with molotovs and tear gas thrown in enormous quantities
- Residents of the nearby town of Laurio have been rushing to the barricades too, as war sirens and church bells are ringing across their town, too
More info as it comes.