At approximately 07:00 GMT+2 on December 20th, riot police raided the anarchist squat Villa Amalias in Athens. Eight people were detained inside the building — later on, they were all arrested and charged with felonies on ludicrous evidence. The building has been sealed off and is guarded 24/7 by riot police since. Sunday Dec 23 has been named a day of solidarity with those arrested in Villa and with the squat; follow all updates via our Villa Amalias raid tag; organise actions of solidarity where you live.
Ī Vílla Amalías katálīpsī tha meínei! Villa Amalias will remain a squat!
- Anarchists attack the Athens Town Hall with paint in response to the attempted eviction of Villa Amalias
- “Villa Amalias will remain a squat”
- All eight people arrested inside Villa Amalias have been released
- Bielefeld solidarity with Villa Amalias
- Anarchists interrupt the speech of the Athens mayor: Villa Amalias will become your graveyard!
- Another villa Amalias solidarity video
- Statement by the Villa Amalias squatters held in the police HQ in Athens
- Villa Amalias solidarity video
- Villa Amalias updates: the arrested are detained until Monday; police unseal the building
- Villa Amalias statement: we are, and we shall remain here
- Annonce de Villa Amalias
- Athens: anarchist squat Villa Amalias raided by riot police
- eagainst.com update